Sunday, July 24, 2011

From the mouths of babes..


Gabby said three new words today. Her vocabulary was kinda at a standstill for a while so it was quite a shock when three words emerged in one day. She'll be seventeen months on the fifth of August so according to baby experts etc, it's normal for them to have a bit of a vocab explosion around this time.. I can't wait for the next exciting installment. So for posterity the words she spoke today were.... drumroll.."toe", after flipping through a cook book type book extolling the virtues of vinegar, one of which includes making ones toes nice, with pictures as proof. I pointed to said toe, and low and behold, "tow" dropped from Gabby's little mouth. Josh and I applauding with such enthusiasm the poor child thought we wanted her to clap, which she did with great excitement.
Next word was... "teddy". I was pointing to the teddy on her quilt in an attempt to distract her from her routine of trying to flip over during nappy change time. I must have sounded pretty excited by these teddy's because the next thing I know, she casually let out a perfectly annunciated, "teddy". "Fluke", I thought, until she did it again two seconds later. I was totally flabbergasted.
Then she attempted to say "amen" after our dinner time prayer..It came out as "men".
So proud of the little talker..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment.