Tuesday, July 19, 2011

the little mumma






Gabriella has suddenly become interested in babies. One minute she's casually plonking her soft toys and baby dolls aside in preference for her blocks, the next she's gone all mummy on me. It's adorable and somehow slightly disarming.
It all started when we visited a friend and her new three week old baby. I didn't think Gabby was overly interested when were at said friends house, yet upon arriving home, she made a bee-line for the once forgotten toy-baby. The next thing I know, she's cradling it, kissing it's head and holding it up to me proudly declaring,"baybee,baybee" in a decidedly French accent, "Must see what we can do to provide little Gabby with a sibling", I thought, "what a caring, devoted sister she'll be", I beamed with pride.. as I stared into the dishwater. Upon looking up however, little Gabby was balancing on the deck chair with toy baby hanging from her left hand, it's poor head dragging on the ground. The next moment, it's was tossed to the deck floor with carless abandon, Forgotten in favour of a visiting grass-hopper.I decided I needn't rush out and buy and extra car seat just yet..


1 comment:

  1. She would make a great big sister Bec! She's such a sweet little girl. She'll be wanting a playmate very soon too ;) Love your blog! Time to update mine again x

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment.